if painting your nails make you feel better, do it. if putting stickers on personal items makes you feel better, do it. if drawing shippy or kinky or silly or emotional things make you feel better, do it. if there is something that makes you feel better, even just a little bit, just fuckin do it
dont be embarrassed about what self care means to you. self care is important, and so are you
- Feminists: Hey. We'd like for women to be treated as equals.
- Society: Oh sure. You want "equality" but then you expect men to open the door and pay for meals, is that it? That's not equality! That's special treatment!
- Feminists: Um, no not really. You don't have to open the door and pay for our meals. We can do that ourselves.
- Society: *gasp* What? You don't want men to open doors for you? Why do you hate nice people? No wonder chivalry is dead! You'd yell at a man for just being polite and opening the door for you?
- Feminists: No! We're just saying you don't have to do it just because we're women!
- Society: And while we're at it, how come you don't protect male victims of abuse and rape, huh?
- Feminists: Actually, we think it's really terrible that men are forced to stay quiet about their abuse because they're worried about not being taken seriously. It's this Alpha Male myth that causes it. Men are abused and raped and they're not helped because men are supposed to be tough and able to handle it. This also goes for men not being able to express emotions.
- Society: Oh, so you just want men to be a bunch of pansies then, huh? You hate men for wanting to be strong LIKE NATURE INTENDED THEM TO BE. You'll be sorry when you end up married to some weak, simpering fool who likes to talk about his "feelings"!
- Society: Also, you can't have equal rights because women aren't aggressive enough to want higher pay and stuff.
- Feminists: HOW ABOUT YOU GO FUCK YOURSELF AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON?
- Society: Jesus, calm down. No need to be so aggressive.
Do not hate homosexuals, bisexuals, asexuals, ect
But do not hate heterosexuals.
Do not hate trans*gender, agender, non-binary people
But do not hate cissexuals.
Do not hate people of color
But do not hate white people.
Do not hate women
But do not hate men.
Do not hate Christians
But do not hate atheists.
Hatred only breeds more hatred. Is it that hard to understand?
This needs more attention than it’s gotten.